are one of the most common seals used in machine design because they are inexpensive, easy to make, reliable, and have simple mounting requirements. They can seal tens of megapascals (thousands of psi) of pressure.They come in range of sizes from .74mm to 1800mm moulded in single pc while larger sizes are joined together to yield any size.
They come in following profiles
- Quad : ring also called X-ring
- Donuts : flat rings
- Q- rings
- O- ring kits
- Square rings/Square cuts/Lathe cuts
- V- rings etc
Depending on type of application & conditions to which seal is subjected to decides selection of material like
- NBR seals can crack when exposed to ozone gas at very low concentrations.
- In very low temperartures indium O-rings are used, because rubber becomes hard and brittle at low temperatures.
- PTFE seals has operating temperature range -200 to 260 deg C
O-rings dont fail easily they can bear much higher pressures due to there special design that increases contact stress (between surfaces to be sealed) with increasing pressure ,some of the common reasons for failure of seals
Our products are used majorly in all industry
- Extrution : It occurs due to improper size ,recess & can be prevented by using backup rings. So buy quality products.
- Surface Finsh : A surface finish that is too rough will abrade the surface of the O-ring, and a surface that is too smooth will not allow the seal to be adequately lubricated by a fluid film.
- Swelling by contact with a low viscosity fluid causes an increase in dimensions, and also lowers the tensile strength of the rubber.
- Temperature : At high temperature the materials often burn or decompose , at lower temperatures they brittle
- Chemical attack can degrade the material, start brittle cracks or cause it to swell.
|AutomotivePower GenerationPetrochemicalsFluid PowerInstrumentationElectronicsChemicals & Fertilizer PlantsFiltration||Pneumatic CylinderPharmaceuticalsHydraulic FittingsHydraulic CylindersValves and PumpsPlumbing ProductsDairy/Food ProcessingEarthmoving & Construction Equipment|